Matthew qualified as a solicitor in 1991 and has over 30 years` experience of advising business clients of all sizes, in both the private and public sector, on all aspects of employment law and has a wide experience of representing employers at Employment Tribunals.
After working for 13 years with (what is now) Beachcroft solicitors LLP, Matthew left to join Irwin Mitchell solicitors LLP in 2002, and was made partner in June 2003.
Matthew headed up Irwin Mitchell`s Leeds employment law team and was also responsible for the Yorkshire team as a whole, before deciding to leave in January 2012 to form Legix, a specialist provider of employment law advice, representation and training services to employers.
The following are examples of Matthew`s expertise;
- Drafting of contracts of employment and service agreements;
- Formulating bespoke HR policies and procedures;
- Negotiating and drafting compromise agreements and severance packages;
- Advising on disciplinary and dismissal processes;
- Developing HR strategies, in particular redundancy and restructuring programmes;
- Representing employers at Employment Tribunals
Matthew also has particular expertise in the field of discrimination law, as well as the application of the TUPE 2006 Regulations to business acquisitions and outsourcing. He also has substantial experience in presenting seminars to clients and providing bespoke in-house training for senior employees and in-house HR teams.